Sugar: the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
The world at large has declared war on sugar. It's cited as the cause for hyperactive children, the number one stealth killer, and the most widely-used addictive substance, as well as countless other accusations. Cutting out sugar entirely seems like the ideal solution, but that comes with a host of problems as well, such as: isn't moderate sugar intake part of a healthy diet? Aren't artificial sweeteners just as dangerous for your health? And, most importantly: how will cutting out sugar affect the cocktails we know and love? Claire Smith-Warner critically examines the sugar debate alongside panelists Jeffrey Kluger (Science editor, Times Magazine), Georgia van Tiel, and Nick van Tiel, as the four reveal the true dangers behind the sweet substance, and discuss the possibility of a sugar-free future for cocktails.
- 1.6 Classic Vermouth Cocktails That Deserve Your Respect
- 2.TOP 10 NOMINEES FOR THE 13TH ANNUAL SPIRITED AWARDS® ANNOUNCED
- 3.The Bartender’s Guide to Taking Care of Your Feet, Part Two: Shoes
- 4.Tales of the Cocktail Foundation Announces Top 10 Nominees for the 13th Annual Spirited Awards® Writing & Media Categories
- 5.REGIONAL TOP 10 HONOREES FOR THE 13TH ANNUAL SPIRITED AWARDS® ANNOUNCED