Advanced Techniques for Mad Scientists Behind the Bar
Advanced bartenders have a love for experimentation and innovation that's akin to the work of a chemist. Using myriad elevated techniques, these clever barkeeps apply laws of science to craft drinks far beyond the expected traditional cocktail. These bartenders seek complete control over every element of cocktails, taking into consideration everything from flavor to texture to temperature and dilution. In this video, cocktail science extraordinaire Dave Arnold and fellow mad drinks scientist Don Lee demonstrate some of the most complex and useful bar science techniques: acid correction, milk washing, carbonation, justino, nitro muddling and what to do with liquid nitrogen.
- 1.Motherhood for a Bartender: How the Industry Becomes Your Village
- 2.6 Classic Vermouth Cocktails That Deserve Your Respect
- 3.Aisha Tyler Likes Her Cocktails Classic, Strong and Bottled
- 4.The Bartender’s Guide to Taking Care of Your Feet, Part Two: Shoes
- 5.Meet the Man Behind Instagram's Fastest-Growing Cocktail Account