Women Behind Bars: Barmaid to Bartender
Since the beginning of bartending history throughout the world, women have been making drinks alongside men. In fact, it was originally a profession reserved for women in 17th century England. But American history changed the tide, forcing women out of the bar for generations. Now women have resumed their rightful place of equal power behind the bar. Two of the foremost women in the industry, Julie Reiner, owner of Brooklyn’s Clover Club and Pamela Wiznitzer of Manhattan’s Seamstress join cocktail historian Dave Wondrich for a closer look at the story of women behind the bar.
- 1.Jennifer Colliau Schools Us on Cocktail History, the Daisy and More
- 2.Overheard at Tales: The Best Pics, Quotes, Tweets, and Drinks from Day 2
- 3.Overheard at Tales: The Best Pics, Quotes, Tweets, and Drinks from Day 3
- 4.Tales of the Cocktail® Announces the Top 4 Finalists for the 2017 Spirited Awards®
- 5.Michael Ian Black to Host the 2017 Spirited Awards®