Women Behind Bars: Barmaid to Bartender
Since the beginning of bartending history throughout the world, women have been making drinks alongside men. In fact, it was originally a profession reserved for women in 17th century England. But American history changed the tide, forcing women out of the bar for generations. Now women have resumed their rightful place of equal power behind the bar. Two of the foremost women in the industry, Julie Reiner, owner of Brooklyn’s Clover Club and Pamela Wiznitzer of Manhattan’s Seamstress join cocktail historian Dave Wondrich for a closer look at the story of women behind the bar.
- 1.TOP 10 NOMINEES FOR THE 13TH ANNUAL SPIRITED AWARDS® ANNOUNCED
- 2.6 Classic Vermouth Cocktails That Deserve Your Respect
- 3.The Bartender’s Guide to Taking Care of Your Feet, Part Two: Shoes
- 4.REGIONAL TOP 10 HONOREES FOR THE 13TH ANNUAL SPIRITED AWARDS® ANNOUNCED
- 5.TICKETS NOW ON SALE FOR TALES OF THE COCKTAIL 2019