The Pineapple: A Symbol of Hospitality
The pineapple is so much more than an ingredient in ambrosia salad, or a tropical decoration for a themed party. Years before its current incarnation as a canned and syrupy food item, the pineapple was considered an unofficial symbol of hospitality. In fact, the pineapple possesses a long and storied history unknown to many. Join Dean Callan, ambassador for Monkey Shoulder and pineapple enthusiast, as he delves in to the rich and colorful history of the spiky, tropical fruit, exploring its crucial role in multiple classic cocktails.
Thumbnail of pineapples: Lindsey Turner via Flickr
- 1.Tales of the Cocktail® Announces 2017 Official Cocktail Competition Winner
- 2.Exploring Tippling Club's Fascinating New Scent-Inspired Menu
- 3.Can Apps Can Solve the Age-Old Problem of Inventory?
- 4.Which Bartenders Do You Look Up To?
- 5.The Bartender’s Guide to Taking Care of Your Feet, Part Two: Shoes