The Pineapple: A Symbol of Hospitality
The pineapple is so much more than an ingredient in ambrosia salad, or a tropical decoration for a themed party. Years before its current incarnation as a canned and syrupy food item, the pineapple was considered an unofficial symbol of hospitality. In fact, the pineapple possesses a long and storied history unknown to many. Join Dean Callan, ambassador for Monkey Shoulder and pineapple enthusiast, as he delves in to the rich and colorful history of the spiky, tropical fruit, exploring its crucial role in multiple classic cocktails.
Thumbnail of pineapples: Lindsey Turner via Flickr
- 1.Jennifer Colliau Schools Us on Cocktail History, the Daisy and More
- 2.Overheard at Tales: The Best Pics, Quotes, Tweets, and Drinks from Day 2
- 3.Overheard at Tales: The Best Pics, Quotes, Tweets, and Drinks from Day 3
- 4.Tales of the Cocktail® Announces the Top 4 Finalists for the 2017 Spirited Awards®
- 5.Michael Ian Black to Host the 2017 Spirited Awards®