Behind the Bar
How to Choose the Right Rum for a Cocktail
With so many rums to choose from, where does one begin? What did the forefathers of tiki have in mind for the beloved Mai Tai? What should we pour into Piña Coladas and Scorpion Bowls? Rum history aficionado Jeff “Beachbum” Berry (owner of Latitude 29 and author of “Potions of the Caribbean: 500 Years of Tropical Drinks and the People Behind Them”), Martin Cate (author and owner of Smugglers’ Cove), Alexandre Gabriel (distiller and creator of the Plantation Rum range), and moderator Philip Duff (TOTC's own Director of Education) for an exploration of which rum is best for what and why.
- 1.6 Classic Vermouth Cocktails That Deserve Your Respect
- 2.Tales of the Cocktail Foundation Announces 2019 Cocktail Apprentice Program (CAP) Scholarship Recipients
- 3.7 Ways to Add Smoke to a Cocktail
- 4.The Bartender’s Guide to Taking Care of Your Feet, Part Two: Shoes
- 5.16 Tips for Barrel-Aging Your Cocktails