Behind the Bar
Mint: Keeping Cocktails Fresh Since 1492
Between the herbal essence that defines your favorite amari to the muddled magic that makes for beloved tiki drinks, mint is one of the most fundamental flavors in the cocktail world. How did it rise to become the definitive herb? How is it lauded by different drinking cultures and genres? How is it best used and stored? In this seminar, Charlotte Voisey (mixologist, spirits educator and host of The Proper Pour) and Peter Vestinos, (The BarMedic, President of the USBG Chicago Chapter and Beverage Director of The Betty) offer advice on how to cultivate mint and keep it fresh — and, of course, how to best incorporate it into delightfully refreshing cocktails.
- 1.Congratulations to the Spirited Awards Regional Top 10 Lists
- 2.Tales of the Cocktail Foundation Announces 12th Annual Spirited Awards® Winners
- 3.Tales of the Cocktail Foundation Responds to Adam Seger’s Arrest
- 4.6 Classic Vermouth Cocktails That Deserve Your Respect
- 5.The Top Four Finalists for the 12th Annual Spirited Awards®