Behind the Bar
How Not to Go Broke When Opening a Bar
For so many bartenders, opening a bar is the ultimate dream. But what we sometimes fail to consider is that it's a supremely costly and risky venture, with no guaranteed payoff. Noah Rothbaum (Chief Cocktail Correspondent, The Daily Beast), Anthony Caporale (principal consultant, ICE Consulting Group), Susan Fedroff (owner, Clover Club), Allen Katz (co-founder, New York Distilling Company) and Ryan Malkin (Attorney, Malkin Law) discuss the occasionally harsh realities of bar ownership. This video doesn't just offer sage advice exclusively for folks considering bar ownership, their insights are useful for those with their doors already open — learn how to do everything from navigate complicated liquor laws to writing effective business plans and creating a local patronage.
- 1.Tales of the Cocktail Foundation Announces 2019 Cocktail Apprentice Program (CAP) Scholarship Recipients
- 2.6 Classic Vermouth Cocktails That Deserve Your Respect
- 3.7 Ways to Add Smoke to a Cocktail
- 4.The Science of Salinity in Cocktails
- 5.The Bartender’s Guide to Taking Care of Your Feet, Part Two: Shoes