Behind the Bar
The Cost of a Cocktail
As it turns out, the best things in life (cocktails) aren't free. The question is, how should you price them? While determining your menu prices seems easy at first, a lot more goes into the process than just factoring in ingredient costs. For example, beverage napkins, which may seem irrelevant, can make up a significant difference in profits depending on the types used. In addition, it can be difficult to factor in unpredictable market shifts, such as rising citrus prices or a sudden shortage of a crucial liqueur.
Luckily, Bobby Heugel and Terry Williams are here to walk you through the multiple intricacies of cocktail cost calculation. In this seminar, they'll cover the basics — such as citrus pricing and spirit selection — and strategic pricing, using their own inventory sheets from Anvil Bar & Refuge as examples. If you're looking for ways to maximize profits while avoiding over-pricing, this seminar is a must-see.
- 1.Tales of the Cocktail® Announces 2017 Official Cocktail Competition Winner
- 2.Exploring Tippling Club's Fascinating New Scent-Inspired Menu
- 3.Can Apps Can Solve the Age-Old Problem of Inventory?
- 4.Which Bartenders Do You Look Up To?
- 5.The Bartender’s Guide to Taking Care of Your Feet, Part Two: Shoes