Confirmed Partner Resource
Tales of the Cocktail 2020
July 21-26, 2020
The global drinks industry will once again gather in New Orleans in July 2020 for the 18th Annual Tales of the Cocktail®. This yearly conference is equal parts conference and global family reunion, featuring new educational seminars, brand tastings, competitions, and networking events. 2020 brings TOTCF’s new theme: CATALYST, communicating the Foundation's desire to facilitate innovation and transformation by providing a platform to collectively collaborate and influence the drinks industry.
Important Dates & Deadlines
- Monday, January 7th: Partnership Sales Begin
- Monday, March 23rd: First Payment Installment Due, 50% of total fee
- Monday, April 27th: Event Information due to be included on ticketing site for May 4th Ticket Release
- Friday, May 1st: Deadline to submit final spirit order to the Tales of the Cocktail Foundation
- Monday, May 4th: Tickets for Seminars, Tasting Room Access, Meet the Distillers Happy Hour, New Orleans Cocktail Tour, and VIP Wristbands on sale to General Public
- Monday, May 24th: Event Information due to be included on ticketing site for June 1st Ticket Release
- Monday, June 1st: Final day for Partnerships Sales, all events confirmed after June 1 will incur a 10% fee
- Monday, June 1st: Second Payment Installment due, All Partners must be Paid In Full
- Monday, June 1st: Tickets for Spirited Awards®, Dame Hall of Fame®, Spirited Dining + Drinking, and Beyond the Bar activations on sale to General Public
- Partner Logo Upload This logo will be displayed on our event schedule. You will also be able to write a small blurb about the company/brand.
- Partnership Features and Benefits
- Liquor Order Form- For Tasting Rooms & Meet the Distillers Happy Hour partners only (COMING SOON!)
- All products must be available in Louisiana.
- The products needed for TOTCF seminar(s) will be ordered by TOTCF and will be brought in by donation.
- All seminars and cocktails are executed by the TOTCF and Cocktail Apprentice Program (CAP) teams.
- Exclusive Tasting Seminars - are an exception where products that are rare and unobtainable may be donated if the products poured are not available for purchase. If the product needed for the Exclusive Tasting seminar(s) is available in Louisiana, it will be ordered by TOTCF and will be brought in by donation. All seminars and cocktails are executed by the TOTCF and Cocktail Apprentice Program (CAP) teams.
- Wednesday, February 19th: Final Seminar Information Due
*Includes final title, description, panelists & cocktail or tastings
- Friday, May 1st: Seminar recipes/tastings due
- Monday, May 29th: Deadline to receive Promotional Items at the Tales office for seminars
- Suppliers are not allowed to self-supply any spirits product for “Tasting Room” events on the Tales of the Cocktail schedule.
- To ensure full compliance with the Louisiana Office of ATC’s Special Event laws and regulations, the Tales of the Cocktail Foundation must order all product used at “For Purchase” Ticketed Events and Tasting Rooms from a Louisiana Distributor. All receipts and/or permits will be on premises in case of inspection.
- TOTCF will work with you to have your product legally donated.
- Spirits product orders must be sent to Tales of the Cocktail on or before Friday, May 1st, 2020.
- The Tales of the Cocktail Foundation will coordinate liquor delivery/pickup to your event and storage directly with your host hotel.
- Only attendees with a valid, Tasting Room Access Wristband can legally be served.
- TOTCF asks that any hired bartenders/talent bring their Safe Serve card or the equivalent from their home city.
- Monday, April 27th: Final Event Information Due
*Includes title, description, date, time & locations (to be included on the schedule when Tasting Room schedule goes live)
- Friday, May 1st: Deadline to submit complete/final spirit order (all alcohol being poured/used) to the Tales of the Cocktail Foundation
- Liquor Order Form (Coming soon)
- Tasting Room Host Important Information- Includes hotel contacts, shipping information & best practices
- Tasting Room Partner Package
- Tasting Room FAQs
- Liquor Order FAQs
- Partner Logo Upload
- The host venue must purchase all product directly from the Louisiana distributor. Spirits cannot be donated to the restaurant or venue.
- Monday, May 25th: Deadline to submit all Dining and Drinking event information
*Includes title, description, menus and personalities
- Monday, June 1st: Spirited Dining Reservations Live & other Dining and Drinking pages launched
- All products must be available in Louisiana.
- TOTCF will work with you to donate the product needed and TOTCF will order through a Louisiana distributor.
- Friday, May 1st: Deadline to confirm products to be sampled and quantity of each spirit
- Monday, June 29th: Deadline to receive Promotional Items at the TOTCF office for the Meet the Distillers Happy Hour
Partnership dollars and product donation will be considered as a tax free donation to the Tales of the Cocktail Foundation, a 501(c)3 non-profit organization. Donations and partnerships are tax-deductible to the fullest extent of the law.