Seminar Submission Form
SEMINAR SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
Tales of the Cocktail® is the world’s premier cocktail festival, bringing together the international spirits community for five days of what’s now, what’s new and what’s next in bartending.
We want to thank you for your interest in submitting your seminar ideas for Tales of the Cocktail 2017. Not only are you offering to share insights that will no doubt educate and inspire spirits professionals from around the world, but you’re helping to support the industry as a whole. Tales of the Cocktail is the original non-profit trade event, meaning the proceeds from seminars and all of the week’s events are invested back into the industry through future educational events, scholarships programs, financial assistance and our Cocktail Apprentice Program. So, again, thank you. We can’t wait to see all of the seminar ideas that are sure to shake up the cocktail world.
Before You Get Started
- Read all of the questions on the seminar form before you submit and always be sure to have a copy of your submission saved on your computer. You will also receive an email copy of your submission once you submit it.
- The 2017 Seminar Submission Form was open for submissions from Thursday, September 1st, 2016 to December 1st, 2016.
- Learn more about the 2017 seminar series and selection process from our Director of Education, Philip Duff
- Read the Frequently Asked Questions on seminars, the submission process and execution. These are always changing, so whether you're a virgin or veteran you can always use a refresher!
- Know the expectations of the Cocktail Apprentice Team and don't skimp on the service and execution section of the form! Cocktail Apprentice Program Support Overview
- For a full overview on what it takes to lead a successful seminar from start to finish read the Critical Path to a Successful Seminar
- Have a question? Don't wait until it's too late-email: Submissions@TalesoftheCocktail.com
- Thursday, December 1, 2016: Deadline to submit your seminar(s)
- January 2-31, 2017: If your submission has a chance of being accepted, you will be emailed and asked to call the Director of Education to discuss your idea in this time period. If you do not do so promptly, your submission(s) will not be selected.
- Friday, February 3, 2017: Seminar Acceptances Emailed Out
- Tuesday, February 28, 2017: Final Seminar Descriptions, Cocktails/Tastings, Panelists, Biographies and Photos Due to Tales of the Cocktail via proper forms.
- Monday, April 17, 2017: Outline Powerpoint or Presentation to be submitted by you for review by the Director of Education & Team. You also commit to receiving and acting on feedback from the Director & Team.
- Friday, June 2, 2017: Final Powerpoint or Presentation to be submitted to the Director of Education & Team.
Important Submission Notes
- Remember that your cocktail and tasting submissions count! The execution is a major part of the selection process.
- The application is your first impression to the Seminar Selection Committee. Be mindful that they may not all know you nor your work.
- No one employed or otherwise paid by Tales of the Cocktail sits on the Committee, and all Committee members are volunteers. Click here to view the 2017 Seminar Selection Committee.
- Give yourself time to submit "on time" as there are no extra points for submitting first, take as much time as you can to conceptualize your seminar.
- Everything counts, yes, even spelling! There are, however, no “wrong” answers or specific “types” of ideas we are looking for. Honest, natural answers will go much further than ones fabricated or skewed to what you think the Seminar Committee is looking for.
- Set aside an uninterrupted hour to review the application. You do not want to do this on the fly!
We are no longer accepting submissions. The deadline to submit your seminar ideas was December 1st, 2016.