Seminar Submission Form
SEMINAR SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
Tales of the Cocktail Foundation is an non-profit organization that educates, advances, and supports the global hospitality industry and creates lasting impact in our host communities.
We want to thank you for your interest in submitting your seminar ideas for Tales of the Cocktail 2019. Not only are you offering to share insights that will no doubt educate and inspire spirits professionals from around the world, but you’re helping to support the industry as a whole. Tales of the Cocktail Foundation is the global leader in spirits education and a platform to tackle issues facing the industry. The pillars of the Foundation are to Educate, Advance, and Support the hospitality industry through programs that benefit individuals and organizations in the community and to make lasting impact in communities that host our events.
Before You Get Started!
- Read all of the questions on the seminar form before you submit and always be sure to have a copy of your submission saved on your computer. You will also receive an email copy of your submission once you submit it.
- The 2019 Seminar Submission Form is open for submissions from October 10th to December 1, 2018.
- Read the Frequently Asked Questions on seminars, the submission process and execution. These are always changing, so whether you're a virgin or veteran you can always use a refresher!
- Our Committees are looking for new and fresh material, please take a look through the last 5 years of seminars to ensure you're proposal is unique.
- Know the expectations of the Cocktail Apprentice Team and don't skimp on the service and execution section of the form! Cocktail Apprentice Program Support Overview
- For a full overview on what it takes to lead a successful seminar from start to finish read the Critical Path to a Successful Seminar
- Have a question? Don't wait until it's too late-email: Submissions@TalesoftheCocktail.org
- December 1, 2018: Deadline to submit your seminar(s)
- January 14 - 28, 2019: If your submission has a chance of being accepted, you will be emailed and asked to set up a call with the Director of Education and one Committee member to discuss your idea in this time period. If you do not do so promptly, your submission(s) will not be selected.
- January 14 - 28, 2019: Seminar Acceptances Emailed Out
- March 4, 2019: Final Seminar Descriptions, Panelists, Biographies and Photos Due to Tales of the Cocktail via proper forms
- May 7, 2019: Cocktails/Tastings due
- May 1, 2019: Outline Powerpoint or Presentation to be submitted by you for review by the Director of Education & Team. You also commit to receiving and acting on feedback from the Director & Team.
- June 3, 2019: Final Powerpoint or Presentation to be submitted to the Director of Education & Team.
Important Submission Notes
- Remember that your cocktail and tasting submissions count! The execution is a major part of the selection process.
- The application is your first impression to the Judging Committees. Be mindful that they may not all know you nor your work.
- All Judging Committee members are volunteers.
- Give yourself time to submit "on time" as there are no extra points for submitting first, take as much time as you can to conceptualize your seminar.
- Everything counts, yes, even spelling! There are, however, no “wrong” answers or specific “types” of ideas we are looking for. Honest, natural answers will go much further than ones fabricated or skewed to what you may think either Committee is looking for.
- Set aside an uninterrupted hour to review the application. You do not want to do this on the fly!