Waiting for Spring
Out of the over 300 entries submitted in the 2017 Official Cocktail Competition, Joshua Streetman, bartender at Motor Supply Bistro in Columbia, SC, placed as one of the seven runners-up, all of which tied at only one point less than the winning entry.
When describing the inspiration for his cocktail, Streetman cited springtime in South Carolina: "I enjoy the herbal quality of the genepy in combination with the fresh ripe local strawberries. It is a reminder of drinking on a hot spring day in South Carolina."
- 2 ounces Woody Creek Gin
- 3⁄4 ounce Dolin Dry Vermouth
- 1⁄2 ounce Dolin Génépy des Alpes
- 1 slice ripe strawberry
Combine liquid ingredients and stir over ice. Strain into a chilled coupe glass. Thinly slice strawberry for garnish.
- 1.Motherhood for a Bartender: How the Industry Becomes Your Village
- 2.6 Classic Vermouth Cocktails That Deserve Your Respect
- 3.Aisha Tyler Likes Her Cocktails Classic, Strong and Bottled
- 4.The Bartender’s Guide to Taking Care of Your Feet, Part Two: Shoes
- 5.Meet the Man Behind Instagram's Fastest-Growing Cocktail Account