Thai-Spiced Ginger Beer
Warren Bobrow is a firm believer in the homeopathic values of cannabis, especially when paired with the curative powers of a good cocktail. This recipe, which gives delicate floral flavors an herbaceous kick, comes from Bobrow's "Cannabis Cocktails, Mocktails, & Tonics," coming out June 2016 through Quarto Publishing.
Don't forget to catch our Cannabis Cocktails livestream with Warren on Wednesday, March 2 at 3 p.m. EST.
- 2 ounces brewed spearmint tea, cooled
- 1 ounce medicated simple syrup (recipe below)
- 6 ounces non-alcoholic ginger beer (cane sugar-based)
- 1 ounce Art in the Age ROOT
- 2 drops Bitter End Jamaican Jerk Bitters
- lemon zest ice cubes
Fill a collins glass with the lemon zest ice cubes. Pour in the ginger beer, then add Art in the Age ROOT. Add the iced spearmint tea, then the medicated rich simple syrup (instructions below). Stir gently. Finish with two drops of the Jamaican Jerk bitters. Garnish with either a cannabis flower or a sprig of thai basil. Serve with a couple long straws. Sip slowly, and wait at least an hour before you pour yourself another.
For Warren's "medicated" simple syrup:
- 1 cup Raw Honey or Raw Sugar
- 1 cup Filtered Water
- 4 grams decarboxylated cannabis, in a tea ball or hemp tea bag