Tequila Me Softly
Submitted by Dave Taylor of Dublin's Peruke and Periwig. "Tequila is a pretty tough sell in Ireland, so it was important to create a cocktail that was approachable but still perk the curiosity of the guest," he says. He describes the drink as "a fairly full-on flavor explosion with the pineapple, Blanco Tequila and Aperol triangle working its magic, bolstered with a dram of smoke at the end."
- 1 strawberry, muddled
- 20 milliliters lemon juice
- 10 milliliters honey syrup (1.5:1 ratio)
- 40 milliliters pineapple juice
- 35 milliliters blanco tequila (like El Jimador)
- 15 milliliters Aperol
- 3 dashes Peychaud's Bitters
- 1 bar spoon peated Scotch (like Tallisker 10)
Muddle strawberry and combine ingredients in a shaker. Shake with ice and fine strain into a chilled coupe. Garnished with three Angostura hearts.
- 1.Jennifer Colliau Schools Us on Cocktail History, the Daisy and More
- 2.The Bartender’s Guide to Taking Care of Your Feet, Part Two: Shoes
- 3.Tales of the Cocktail® Announces the Top 4 Finalists for the 2017 Spirited Awards®
- 4.7 Ways to Add Smoke to a Cocktail
- 5.An Open Letter to the Tales of the Cocktail® Community