Out of the over 300 entries submitted in the 2017 Official Cocktail Competition, Ryan Perry, who tends bar at Houston, TX's Brasserie du Parc, placed as one of the seven runners-up, all of which tied at only one point less than the winning entry.
Perry's inspiration for Stay Gold arose from his love of dry martinis, and his desire to elevate them: "I absolutely love dry martinis and felt that adding Lustau Manzanilla Papirusa provides an additional crisp, dryness that ends with a slightly briny mouth feel reminiscent of Spanish olives. The lemon zest stirred into the cocktail further incorporates the desired citrus notes."
- 2 ounces Beefeater Gin
- .5 ounce Dolin Dry Vermouth
- .5 ounce Lustau Manzanilla Papirusa dry sherry
Chill martini coup. Combine all ingredients plus lemon peel zested into mixing glass. Add ice and stir for 20 seconds. Toss ice out of coup. Strain martini into chilled coup
- 1.Motherhood for a Bartender: How the Industry Becomes Your Village
- 2.6 Classic Vermouth Cocktails That Deserve Your Respect
- 3.Aisha Tyler Likes Her Cocktails Classic, Strong and Bottled
- 4.The Bartender’s Guide to Taking Care of Your Feet, Part Two: Shoes
- 5.Meet the Man Behind Instagram's Fastest-Growing Cocktail Account