You can't completely change the classics, but you can switch them up a little. Mezcal and Marie Brizard's Apry Liqueur give the Old Fashioned a refreshing new twist.
- 11⁄2 ounce Cedar Ridge Rye Whiskey
- 1 ounce Marie Brizard Apry Liqueur
- 1⁄4 ounce mezcal
- 3 dashes Angostura Bitters
- 2 grapefruit peels
Combine all ingredients into a mixing glass with ice. Stir and strain into a double rocks glass with a large ice cube. Garnish with two grapefruit peels cut into a diamond shape.
- 1.Tales of the Cocktail Announces 2017 Spirited Awards Winners
- 2.Jennifer Colliau Schools Us on Cocktail History, the Daisy and More
- 3.Overheard at Tales: The Best Pics, Quotes, Tweets, and Drinks from Day 5 (and 6)
- 4.Ojen Makes Its Long-Awaited Comeback
- 5.Overheard at Tales: The Best Pics, Quotes, Tweets, and Drinks from Day 4