You can't completely change the classics, but you can switch them up a little. Mezcal and Marie Brizard's Apry Liqueur give the Old Fashioned a refreshing new twist.
- 11⁄2 ounce Cedar Ridge Rye Whiskey
- 1 ounce Marie Brizard Apry Liqueur
- 1⁄4 ounce mezcal
- 3 dashes Angostura Bitters
- 2 grapefruit peels
Combine all ingredients into a mixing glass with ice. Stir and strain into a double rocks glass with a large ice cube. Garnish with two grapefruit peels cut into a diamond shape.
- 1.Motherhood for a Bartender: How the Industry Becomes Your Village
- 2.6 Classic Vermouth Cocktails That Deserve Your Respect
- 3.Aisha Tyler Likes Her Cocktails Classic, Strong and Bottled
- 4.The Bartender’s Guide to Taking Care of Your Feet, Part Two: Shoes
- 5.Meet the Man Behind Instagram's Fastest-Growing Cocktail Account