You can't completely change the classics, but you can switch them up a little. Mezcal and Marie Brizard's Apry Liqueur give the Old Fashioned a refreshing new twist.
- 11⁄2 ounce Cedar Ridge Rye Whiskey
- 1 ounce Marie Brizard Apry Liqueur
- 1⁄4 ounce mezcal
- 3 dashes Angostura Bitters
- 2 grapefruit peels
Combine all ingredients into a mixing glass with ice. Stir and strain into a double rocks glass with a large ice cube. Garnish with two grapefruit peels cut into a diamond shape.
- 1.Tales of the Cocktail® Announces 2017 Official Cocktail Competition Winner
- 2.Exploring Tippling Club's Fascinating New Scent-Inspired Menu
- 3.Can Apps Can Solve the Age-Old Problem of Inventory?
- 4.Which Bartenders Do You Look Up To?
- 5.The Bartender’s Guide to Taking Care of Your Feet, Part Two: Shoes