Sail Away to Americano's Low-ABV Sauvie Island
Imbue’s Bittersweet vermouth makes for a low-proof, sophisticated cocktail. Created by Carlton Dunlap of Americano (Portland, Oregon).
- 2 ounces Amrita Cuvee (or any aromatic Alsatian white wine blend like Gewurztraminer, Riesling, etc.)
- 11⁄2 ounce Imbue Bittersweet vermouth
- 3⁄4 ounce herbed-lemon cordial
- 8 dashes black pepper tincture
Build ingredients except for seltzer, add ice, top with seltzer, and lightly stir to incorporate. Garnish with a lemon channel knife curl wrapped around a sprig of rosemary.
To make an herb-lemon cordial
- 1 quart lemon juice
- Peels of juiced lemons (peel prior to juicing)
- 32 ounces cane sugar
- 10 sprigs of rosemary
- 1 bunch of thyme
- ¼ cup of toasted coriander seed, lightly crushed
Slowly simmer ingredients for 10 minutes, cool, and store in fridge overnight. Strain and bottle.