Santa’s REAL Christmas Milk
Santa’s REAL Christmas Milk created by Evan Nicole Sewell of The Ravenous Pig for our Barenjager Holiday Cocktail Competition. Here's what she had to say about it: "This cocktail was invented to do a play on Milk and cookies left out for Santa. I wanted all the fun flavors of cookies without the sweetness of it all. I also didn’t want an obvious Christmas cocktail flavors. I find the obvious mint and cranberry a bit boring by the end of the season.
The fernet and Mellowcorn were added to balance out the sweetness of the Barenjager and cookie heavy cream. All played really nicely together and made for a pleasant balance.
The Verjus was used instead of a common lime in a fizz because I feel as though lime is very summer and I wanted something that was similar to lime but not the same.
Finally I used ginger beer to add an almost ginger snap like quality to the cocktail and not just something with just bubbles and no flavor.
Overall I wanted this drink to be like if a Ramos Gin Fizz and a Milkshake had a baby and I think I accomplished this. It’s something that Santa can gladly get down on!"
- 2 ounces Barenjager Honey Liqueur
- 1 ounce Mellow Corn Whiskey
- 1 ounce Fernet
- 1 ounce Verjus Blanc
- 1 ounce lemon juice
- 3 ounces Fever tree ginger beer
- 1 ounce cookie infused heavy cream*
- 2 fresh egg whites
- 6 dashes orange flower water
- Grated nutmeg
Cookie heavy cream:
- Combine all ingredients in a shaker tin besides the ginger beer and nutmeg.
- Add one very large rock and shake until you can’t anymore .
- Do a long pour into a in to add air to the cocktail. Take out the ice and shake again for at least another 30 seconds.
- Pour one once of the ginger beer into a large fizz glass.
- Pour the contents of the shaker into the glass and then set into the fridge for 3 minutes.
- Take out and pour more ginger beer overtop in one comcentrated area until you get a nice head.
- Put a straw into the hole of the head and then grate nutmeg overtop.
- Let Santa (you) enjoy!!!