Out of the over 300 entries submitted in the 2017 Official Cocktail Competition, Stuart Jensen of Curio in Denver, Colorado, placed as one of the seven runners-up, all of which tied at only one point less than the winning entry.
"I wanted to make a wet martini that allows the aromatics in the gin and vermouth to come through, but carries a bit more weight and oxidized complexity from the sherry," Jensen remarks on the Rossonian's flavor profile. "The grapefruit oils on top add a touch of bitterness and a more modern brightness than the traditional lemon twist."
- 11⁄2 ounce Woody Creek Gin
- 3⁄4 ounce Noilly Prat Extra Dry
- 3⁄4 ounce Manzanilla En Rama Sherry
Stir ingredients over cracked ice, strain into a chilled martini glass. Express Grapefruit Twist over top of Cocktail.
- 1.Motherhood for a Bartender: How the Industry Becomes Your Village
- 2.6 Classic Vermouth Cocktails That Deserve Your Respect
- 3.Aisha Tyler Likes Her Cocktails Classic, Strong and Bottled
- 4.The Bartender’s Guide to Taking Care of Your Feet, Part Two: Shoes
- 5.Meet the Man Behind Instagram's Fastest-Growing Cocktail Account