The Collins Meets the Americano in Attaboy's "Rome With a View"
Michael McIlroy’s Rome With a View falls somewhere between an afternoon appropriate Collins and an Americano. Where an Americano is built with bitter Italian Campari and sweet vermouth, McIlory swaps in dry vermouth, and, like a Collins, he built it with the refreshing structure of spirit-citrus-sweetener-soda. Low-alcohol and bracingly bittersweet, it nearly conjures warm afternoons looking out over an ancient Italian city.
- 1 ounce Campari
- 1 ounce Cinzano Extra Dry Vermouth
- 1 ounce lime juice
- 3⁄4 ounce simple syrup
- soda water
- orange wheel
Add Campari, dry vermouth, lime juice and simple syrup to a cocktail shaker. Add ice and shake until chilled. Strain over ice into a Collins glass. Top with soda water and garnish with an orange wheel.
- 1.TALES OF THE COCKTAIL FOUNDATION ANNOUNCES 13TH ANNUAL SPIRITED AWARDS® WINNERS
- 2.TOP 4 FINALISTS FOR THE 13TH ANNUAL SPIRITED AWARDS® ANNOUNCED
- 3.6 Classic Vermouth Cocktails That Deserve Your Respect
- 4.TALES OF THE COCKTAIL FOUNDATION ANNOUNCES 2019 GRANTS RECIPIENTS
- 5.TOP 10 NOMINEES FOR THE 13TH ANNUAL SPIRITED AWARDS® ANNOUNCED