"This daiquiri was made to highlight the vanilla and baking spice flavors prominent in Don Q Oak Barrel Spiced Rum," says creator Jason Sorbet of 21st Amendment. "Cinnamon, cloves, and honey all come through really well in the rum, and the addition of cinnamon syrup and allspice dram adds a peppery flavor, while giving it a rich texture. Giffard banana adds an inherent fruitiness meant to compliment the dry baking spice flavors featured in the rum."
- 1.5 ounces Don Q Oak Barrel Spiced Rum
- .75 ounce lime juice
- .5 ounce Allspice dram
- .25 ounce Giffard banana
- .25 ounce cinnamon syrup (recipe below)
Combine all ingredients in a shaker and shake vigorously. Double strain into a coupe glass, garnish with star anise pod.
For the cinnamon syrup: combine 1 cup sugar with 1 cup water, bring to boil. Crack 4 large cinnamon sticks in half and let sit on low heat for 15-20 minutes. Remove from heat, discard sticks, and refrigerate.
- 1.Motherhood for a Bartender: How the Industry Becomes Your Village
- 2.6 Classic Vermouth Cocktails That Deserve Your Respect
- 3.Aisha Tyler Likes Her Cocktails Classic, Strong and Bottled
- 4.The Bartender’s Guide to Taking Care of Your Feet, Part Two: Shoes
- 5.Meet the Man Behind Instagram's Fastest-Growing Cocktail Account