Page of Swords
Out of the over 300 entries submitted in the 2017 Official Cocktail Competition, Drew Gosselin of New Orleans's Compère Lapin placed as one of the seven runners-up, all of which tied at only one point less than the winning entry.
Gosselin describes the thought process behind the Page of Swords: "This cocktail uses the clean fresh aromas of spring as inspiration. It reflects delicacy within structure; analyzes femininity as strength. The Page of Swords in the Tarot represents a young-at-heart male embarking on a quest for truthfulness. It is ruled by Air, the ethereal, and the beginning of a journey toward difficult challenges."
- 1.5 ounces Uncle Val's Restorative Gin
- .5 ounce Dolin Dry Vermouth
- .5 ounce Pierre Ferrand Dry Curacao
- .5 ounce Salers Aperitif
Stir all ingredients in beaker and strain into Nick and Nora.
- 1.Motherhood for a Bartender: How the Industry Becomes Your Village
- 2.6 Classic Vermouth Cocktails That Deserve Your Respect
- 3.Aisha Tyler Likes Her Cocktails Classic, Strong and Bottled
- 4.The Bartender’s Guide to Taking Care of Your Feet, Part Two: Shoes
- 5.Meet the Man Behind Instagram's Fastest-Growing Cocktail Account