Not Another Beet Drink
"I have been playing around with beet cocktails for the last few years... about a year ago I was so sick of seeing them, I retired the beet from my repertoire," says Bob Higginbotham of 13 American Table in Boca Raton. "However, I recently did a cocktail dinner with Jules Aron, author of Zen & Tonic, and we were working with all this amazing local produce and I got inspired. This cocktail is perfectly balanced with hints of spice, smoke and the sweet/savory component the strawberry juice adds."
- 11⁄2 ounce Montelobos Mezcal
- 1⁄2 ounce Fresno-infused Milagro Reposado
- 3⁄4 ounce beet syrup
- 3⁄4 ounce lime juice
- 1⁄4 ounce strawberry juice
- 1⁄2 ounce aquafaba
- 3 dashes Bitter Truth Celery Bitters
Dry shake all the ingredients to emulsify the aquafaba, then shake again with ice to chill and dilute. Double strain into a coupe and garnish.
- 1.Jennifer Colliau Schools Us on Cocktail History, the Daisy and More
- 2.The Bartender’s Guide to Taking Care of Your Feet, Part Two: Shoes
- 3.Tales of the Cocktail® Announces the Top 4 Finalists for the 2017 Spirited Awards®
- 4.7 Ways to Add Smoke to a Cocktail
- 5.An Open Letter to the Tales of the Cocktail® Community