My Pineapples Bring All the Boys to the Yard
"Our team really loves the warm vanilla notes of the Cruzan Single Barrel and we wanted to incorporate it into a very approachable daiquiri that was suitable for Autumn in Pittsburgh," says creator Greta Harper of Pirata Rum Bar. "Cinnamon, Vanilla, Roasted Pineapple. Lime and Rum stayed true to a Daiquiri while pulling the flavors of fall for a very nice and approachable cocktail."
- 3 pieces pan-roasted pineapple (recipe below)
- 2 ounces Cruzan Single Barrel
- .75 ounce fresh squeezed lime juice
- .75 ounce cinnamon simple syrup (recipe below)
- 2 dashes Fee Brothers cardamom bitters
Shake. Double Strain.
For the pan-roasted pineapple: 1 tsp butter melted to coat sheet pan; 1 pineapple, cored, sliced. 1 inch cubes. Placed on buttered sheet pan with 2 tbsp cinnamon sugar mix. 1/2 ratio cinnamon/sugar. Roast for 30 min at 400F. Cool
For the cinnamon simple syrup: 1:1 ratio sugar:water. heat until sugar is disolved. 4 quarts of each. Add 9 cinnamon sticks while warm. Let cool for 24 hours.
- 1.Motherhood for a Bartender: How the Industry Becomes Your Village
- 2.6 Classic Vermouth Cocktails That Deserve Your Respect
- 3.Aisha Tyler Likes Her Cocktails Classic, Strong and Bottled
- 4.The Bartender’s Guide to Taking Care of Your Feet, Part Two: Shoes
- 5.Meet the Man Behind Instagram's Fastest-Growing Cocktail Account