The Mumm Trifecta
Matthew Biancaniello created this herbal spring sipper for "the fastest two minutes in sports" and G.H. Mumm, the official champagne sponsor of the Kentucky Derby — but with a trifecta of sage, lavender and mint, we can see ourselves enjoying it long after the photo finish.
- 4 ounces G.H. Mumm Grand Cordon Champagne
- 1⁄4 ounce sage-infused honey syrup (recipe below)
- 5 mint leaves
- 3-4 lavender buds
- 5 dashes Angostura Bitters
Add the mint, lavender, champagne and honey syrup into a shaker and muddle. Strain into the glassware of your choice. Top with a mountain of crushed ice and add the Angostura bitters on top of the ice. Garnish with mint leaves and lavender sprig.
To make the sage infused honey syrup: Add three cups of honey to one cup of hot water and stir until the honey dissolves. Add 6 ripped sage leaves into the honey and stir and let it sit for 2 hours.
- 1.TOP 4 FINALISTS FOR THE 13TH ANNUAL SPIRITED AWARDS® ANNOUNCED
- 2.6 Classic Vermouth Cocktails That Deserve Your Respect
- 3.TOP 10 NOMINEES FOR THE 13TH ANNUAL SPIRITED AWARDS® ANNOUNCED
- 4.The Bartender’s Guide to Taking Care of Your Feet, Part Two: Shoes
- 5.REGIONAL TOP 10 HONOREES FOR THE 13TH ANNUAL SPIRITED AWARDS® ANNOUNCED