Su-Lin Ong, on behalf of Luxardo and Bar Swift in London, shares this cocktail created by Bobby Hiddleston at Bar Swift as a tribute to Luxardo's new Bitter Bianco aperitivo. "This was the first recipe created by a bar for the new Luxardo Bitter Bianco in the UK," says Ong. "Similar to the creation of Luxardo Maraschino, the Luxardo Bitter Bianco also stands out as a liqueur which is unusually produced by distillation. This creates a new dimension of flavors and its signature clear, light color, whilst still staying true to its bitter-sweet heritage."
"The Hummingbird cocktail has a transparent ivory color, fruity aromas of sweet and bitter oranges, balanced by hints of spices and botanicals. Its smooth taste combines fresh citrus with a gentle bitter finish."
- 25 milliliters Luxardo Bitter Bianco
- 25 milliliters Manzanilla Sherry
- 15 milliliters Cocchi Americano
- 10 milliliters Martini Riserva Speciale Ambrato
- 2.5 milliliters Luxardo Maraschino
Stir over ice and serve up with a grapefruit twist.
- 1.Jennifer Colliau Schools Us on Cocktail History, the Daisy and More
- 2.The Fascinating Story of Frank Meier, France's Nazi-Fighting Bartender Spy
- 3.6 Classic Vermouth Cocktails That Deserve Your Respect
- 4.The Bartender’s Guide to Taking Care of Your Feet, Part Two: Shoes
- 5.How To Make Falernum, the Classic Tiki Staple