Legends of the Hidden Temple
Fun fact: over half of the kids born in the 1990's are now of drinking age. Hard to believe, huh? This cocktail, created by Brian Maxwell of the Upstairs Bar, gives a nod to a classic television show that's close to the hearts of all those former 90's kids:
"Inspired by the Nickelodeon show Legends of the Hidden Temple, I made this cocktail as a special one night, and it just sort of took off. The drink itself is based off the classic Mai Tai. The hibiscus rum and falernum add some extra levels of complexity and the presentation is great, especially for those who've never had tiki. Even though it's a shared bowl, this is one of our best selling cocktails on the menu."
- 1.5 ounces hibiscus infused rum
- 1.5 ounces Appleton Signature
- 1 ounce Cruzan Blackstrap (as float)
- 1.25 ounces lime juice
- .75 ounce homemade orgeat
- .75 ounce Maggie's Farm Falernum
- 4 dashes Bittermens Elamakule Tiki Bitters
Mix all ingredients together (except Cruzan Blackstrap) in a fish bowl. Float Cruzan Blackstrap on top.
- 1.Motherhood for a Bartender: How the Industry Becomes Your Village
- 2.6 Classic Vermouth Cocktails That Deserve Your Respect
- 3.Aisha Tyler Likes Her Cocktails Classic, Strong and Bottled
- 4.The Bartender’s Guide to Taking Care of Your Feet, Part Two: Shoes
- 5.Meet the Man Behind Instagram's Fastest-Growing Cocktail Account