King Cake Bevvy
For this drink, Barry Himel, beverage director at Bourbon House, collaborated with Chef Sara Toth to combine the classic flavors of king cake in a creamy frozen cocktail, a la milk punch. The result contains Old New Orleans Rum, orgeat, Louisiana citrus and, of course, housemade vanilla gelato, topped off with purple, green and gold sprinkles for a little Mardi Gras color.
- 1 cup vanilla ice cream
- 13⁄4 ounce rum
- 1⁄2 ounce cinnamon syrup
- 1⁄4 ounce orgeat
- 1⁄4 ounce orange juice
- cinnamon and green, purple and gold sugar for garnish
Blend first five ingredients together in a blender until smooth. Garnish with cinnamon and tri-colored sugar to get in the Mardi Gras spirit!
- 1.Jennifer Colliau Schools Us on Cocktail History, the Daisy and More
- 2.The Bartender’s Guide to Taking Care of Your Feet, Part Two: Shoes
- 3.Tales of the Cocktail® Announces the Top 4 Finalists for the 2017 Spirited Awards®
- 4.7 Ways to Add Smoke to a Cocktail
- 5.An Open Letter to the Tales of the Cocktail® Community