How to Make Jacob Grier's Aquavit Dill Collins
Jacob Grier, bartender and author of "Cocktails on Tap: The Art of Mixing Spirits and Beer," is a fan of the obscure and eclectic. In particular, he's an enthusiast for aquavit, a traditional Scandinavian spirit flavored by caraway or dill. Every year in December, Grier holds Aquavit Week, a whole week celebrating this curious import with events and educational opportunities in Portland, OR.
In this video, Grier demonstrates one of many uses for aquavit in a cocktail called a Dill Collins, in which the gin of a traditional Tom Collins is easily substituted for a dill aquavit, yielding a complex, bright and interesting take on an old standard.
- 1.Motherhood for a Bartender: How the Industry Becomes Your Village
- 2.6 Classic Vermouth Cocktails That Deserve Your Respect
- 3.Aisha Tyler Likes Her Cocktails Classic, Strong and Bottled
- 4.The Bartender’s Guide to Taking Care of Your Feet, Part Two: Shoes
- 5.Meet the Man Behind Instagram's Fastest-Growing Cocktail Account