This wintry creation, crafted by Bittered Sling's Lauren Mote for the Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver, is inspired by the brisk winds, bitter chill, high seas and bright sunshine of Scandinavia. "The Finnish Cobbler brings guests a taste of the botanicals and fruit of the lands, while the vodka’s elegance shines," says Mote.
- 11⁄2 ounce Finlandia Vodka
- 1⁄2 ounce Japanese plum wine
- 3⁄4 ounce apple black tea and honey syrup (instructions below)
- 1⁄2 ounce Maidenii Dry Vermouth
- 2 dashes Bittered Sling Zingiber Crabapple Bitters
Build over crushed ice in a lounge water glass, and garnish with a straw, and dehydrated lime wheel and mint sprig (see photo).
Apple Black Tea and Honey Syrup (yields 1 liter):
- 20 g Baked Apple Black Tea
- 600 g liquid honey
- 600 mL water
Add the tea to 140°F water and allow to steep for 15 minutes. Strain out the tea, and add the honey. Stir until dissolved. Store in food-safe, clean, dated bottles in the fridge for up to 7 days.