Autumn: the magical time of year when the leaves begin to change, and the summer heat finally starts to fade. This cocktail, created by Paul Minea of the Vineyard Hotel, uses Bärenjäger, Chartreuse, and pear to preserve the spirit of fall for year-round enjoyment.
- 37.5 milliliters Bärenjäger
- 10 milliliters Canadian Club
- 20 milliliters Yellow Chartreuse
- 12.5 milliliters Xante Pear Liqueur
- 20 milliliters pear puree
- 10 milliliters lemon juice
- 5 milliliters agave nectar
- 2 dashes lemon bitters
- black pepper
Shake all ingredients except black pepperwith ice, and double strain into a martini glass. Garnish with black pepper and chocolate leaf.
For the chocolate leaf: melt 60% dark chocolate, then brush over leaves. Place in the freezer until hardened, then carefully peel the leaf from the chocolate.