Benny Hurwitz first attended Wild Turkey's Behind the Barrel in 2015, and he's returning this year to help guide first-timers through the program. As the head bartender at D.C.'s Jack Rose Dining Saloon, he knows a thing or two about bourbon. Hurwitz says, "Because of Behind the Barrel and the connections I've made with other people in the industry, it's opened so many doors to work at other bars and learn new things. It's not just about bourbon; we have a network we can reach out to at anytime. That's one of the biggest thing you gain from Behind the Barrel ... the network and the friends."
- 1.50 oz Wild Turkey 101 Rye
- 0.50 oz Raspberry-Infused Campari (below)
- 0.25 oz 1:1 Simple Syrup
- 0.25 oz Lime Juice
- 0.75 oz Grapefruit Juice
Directions: Dry shake and pour over crushed ice in a rocks glass. Garnish with grapefruit peel.
- 250g Raspberries
- 750ml Campari
Directions: Macerate in a large glass jar for 48 hours.
- 1.Motherhood for a Bartender: How the Industry Becomes Your Village
- 2.6 Classic Vermouth Cocktails That Deserve Your Respect
- 3.Aisha Tyler Likes Her Cocktails Classic, Strong and Bottled
- 4.The Bartender’s Guide to Taking Care of Your Feet, Part Two: Shoes
- 5.Meet the Man Behind Instagram's Fastest-Growing Cocktail Account