Rich, sweet flavors of banana and praline make for a decadent and tropical holiday treat, created by Eric Chanthasalo of Fulton Alley and Chris Clinkenbeard of Lucy's Retired Surfers Bar. Enjoy this cocktail on December 8 at our annual Tales of the Toddy! Get your tickets here.
- 1 ounce boozy banana butter (recipe below)
- 2 ounces hot water
- 11⁄4 ounce Evangeline's Pralines and Cream Liqueur
- 3⁄4 ounce Bacardi Ocho
- 2 dashes Angostura Bitters
- spiced banana chip
Combine 1 ounce banana "butter" combined with hot water and stir until dissipated. Add rum and cream liqueur, and garnish with a banana chip.
To make banana butter:
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne
- 2 ounces Bacardi Ocho
- 1 1/2 pounds peeled bananas (approximately)