Cane Run Classic Daiquiri
Just in case you don't know your cocktail history: the first recorded mention of the daiquiri was in the late 19th century, in a Cuban mining settlement with the same name. It didn't really gain widespread attention until the 1940's, when people turned to rum in reaction to wartime rationing creating a whiskey scarcity. Before you know it, a classic cocktail was born.
If you want to mix up the pre-slushy version of a daiquiri, there's no better way than with Cane Run Estate Rum, winner of "#1 Rum in a Classic Daiquiri" at the World Cocktail Championships. Go ahead, drink up!
- 1.5 ounces Cane Run Estate Rum
- 1 ounce fresh lime juice
- 1 ounce superfine sugar
Shake all ingredients together with ice and strain into a chilled glass. (Shake well so the sugar dissolves.) For an added touch, run the lime around the rim of the glass, then sprinkle with extra sugar. Garnish with a slice of lime.
- 1.Motherhood for a Bartender: How the Industry Becomes Your Village
- 2.6 Classic Vermouth Cocktails That Deserve Your Respect
- 3.Aisha Tyler Likes Her Cocktails Classic, Strong and Bottled
- 4.The Bartender’s Guide to Taking Care of Your Feet, Part Two: Shoes
- 5.Meet the Man Behind Instagram's Fastest-Growing Cocktail Account