The Bronx Cocktail, a Pre-Prohibition Drink, Gets Gussied Up
The old-school Bronx Cocktail, which was essentially an equal-parts martini with the addition of orange juice, was wildly popular in the mid-1930s. This iteration from Carpano freshens up the old formula with tangerine juice, and uses both their Antica Formula and Dry vermouths.
- 2 ounces gin
- 1 ounce fresh tangerine juice
- 1⁄2 ounce Carpano Antica Formula
- 1⁄4 ounce Carpano Dry Vermouth
- 1 dash Angostura bitters
- 1 dash orange bitters
Shake all ingredients with ice and strain into a chilled coupe or cocktail glass. Garnish with an orange zest and a wide orange twist.
- 1.6 Classic Vermouth Cocktails That Deserve Your Respect
- 2.The Bartender’s Guide to Taking Care of Your Feet, Part Two: Shoes
- 3.Enter the 2019 Marie Brizard ‘Toast to HerStory’ Cocktail Challenge by May 24th for a Chance to Win a Trip to Bordeaux, France!
- 4.TICKETS NOW ON SALE FOR TALES OF THE COCKTAIL 2019
- 5.TALES OF THE COCKTAIL FOUNDATION ANNOUNCES TALES OF THE COCKTAIL® 2019 OFFICIAL COCKTAIL COMPETITION