The Angeleno Fizz
China Morbosa of Eveleigh in West Hollywood, CA, crafted this drink as a love song to winter citrus. While winter is on its way out, the bright and sunny Angeleno Fizz is a perfec way to say goodbye to the season of sweet Meyer lemons. "I chose to use this citrus in our Angeleno Fizz specifically to combat the bitterness of the amaro while magnifying its powerful citrus and soft herbal aromas," Morbosa explains.
- 11⁄2 ounce Fortaleza Blanco Tequila
- 3⁄4 ounce Amaro Angeleno
- 3⁄4 ounce Meyer lemon juice
- 1⁄4 ounce agave
- 1 egg white
Whip ingredients together. Strain into an eight-ounce Mason jar and top with soda. Garnish with a sprig of thyme.
- 1.Jennifer Colliau Schools Us on Cocktail History, the Daisy and More
- 2.The Fascinating Story of Frank Meier, France's Nazi-Fighting Bartender Spy
- 3.6 Classic Vermouth Cocktails That Deserve Your Respect
- 4.The Bartender’s Guide to Taking Care of Your Feet, Part Two: Shoes
- 5.How To Make Falernum, the Classic Tiki Staple