Submitted by Dino Zukić of Swanky Monkey Garden in Zagreb, Croatia. "On lazy Sundays, a man has to keep himself occupied," he says. "While cleaning the fridge I found a jar of amarena cherries, which contained only the syrup. Since I've been working in the kitchen I was taught to throw nothing away. An idea crossed my mind: why not use the amarena syrup instead of simple syrup? Disaronno was just waiting to be paired with it in a classic cocktail, the Amaretto sour."
- 50 milliliters Amaretto Disaronno
- 20 milliliters fresh lemon juice
- 15 milliliters Amarena cherry syrup
Combine all ingredients in a mixing glass and dry shake. After that, add ice and shake it vigorously. Strain it over ice in an old fashioned glass, and garnish it with lemon zest while you put the cherry on top. Salut!
- 1.How To Build That Shaker Stamina
- 2.A Different Kind of Buzz: How to Use Coffee in Non-Alcoholic Drinks
- 3.Secrets to Success: The 7 Habits of the World's Best Bars
- 4.Tales of the Cocktail on Tour in Edinburgh Offers Largest Schedule to Date
- 5.The International Barfly’s Bucket List: Globetrotting the World's Greatest Bars