Interested in our Volunteer Program?
For years bartenders have been lending their talents in exchange for valuable experience as part of the Cocktail Apprentice Program. Now we’re looking for industry members to volunteer their time and talents to assist the front of the house. As part of the Volunteer Program, you will be on the front lines helping a wide range of Tales events run smoothly. In exchange for your time and talents you will receive exclusive benefits like complimentary tasting room access, networking opportunities and a Tales Volunteer tshirt. Join today and be a part of the team that brings Tales of the Cocktail to life!
Features and Benefits of the Program
- Complimentary wristband which gives you access to more than 100 Tasting Rooms* MUST work a minimum of 10 hours to gain access to the tasting wristband
- Tales of the Cocktail Foundation Volunteer T-shirt
- Network with thousands of industry professionals and potential new employers
Requirements for Eligibility
- Must be 21+ by July 17, 2018
- Must be ServSafe Alcohol Certified in the state of Louisiana by July 17, 2018 **Responsible Vendor Online Course (If you are already certified in another state, you still need to take the Louisiana online course. If you are not certified in Louisiana, you will not be able to volunteer for the festival.)
- Cost for online certification is $25 and is valid for 4 years from the date you pass the online test.
- We will also be offering a complimentary certification training onsite in New Orleans: Monday, July 16 at 10:30AM in the Queen Anne Ballroom at the Hotel Monteleone.
- Volunteers can receive their wristband upon checking in at the Volunteer room if preferred however, Tales of the Cocktail Foundation will ask you to commit to the shifts you sign up for.
- Failure to show up for your shift after early acceptance of wristband will result in cancellation of wristband access and removal from the Volunteer program
- Wristbands will be available in the Volunteer check-in room at anytime however you are not required to have your wristband on before your first shift. Tales of the Cocktail Foundation reserves the right to refuse early wristband acceptance to any Volunteers not in compliance with rules and eligibility.
Before you fill out your application, please review the descriptions below to see where you'd fit best!
Do you have experience in efficiently navigating through large crowds, diving to wipe up spills and assisting patrons when needed? This team requires you to verify wristbands, monitor the entrance and exits, assist with litter control and help with setup and breakdown if needed.
Offsite Special Events
This includes our Happy Hour. You’ll be the frontline of the Happiest Hour at Tales, which means guest management is a must, scanning tickets, monitoring the entrance and exits and litter control.
You’ll be responsible for scanning seminar wristbands and managing the lines at the door pre-seminar. Once the seminar is over, you’ll be responsible for clearing out the room with the seminar room team and flipping the layout for the next round of seminars. This is a fast-paced, high-energy position. May be required to push and pull hotel event furniture, dispose of seminar litter and lift bar trays overhead.