Our goal is to teach our interns all that we can in their areas of focus. Interns will be paired with a Tales of the Cocktail Foundation employee, and they will learn from and assist in that role. During the week of Tales of the Cocktail (July 16-21, 2019), our interns will have the opportunity to lead teams of volunteers to implement the projects they have worked on throughout their internship.
Each intern will build relationships with partners, vendors and presenters while in office, as well as knowledge on marketing, the skills needed to plan large scale events, experience working in the nonprofit sector, and time management skills. This experience will help each intern understand what he/she enjoys most and excels at.
Click here to apply
- Interns must be 21+ by July 1, 2020
- Complete up to 2 rounds of interviews
- Meet minimum number of office hours per week per semester
Fall Semester: 15 hours per week
Spring Semester: 15 hours per week
Summer Semester: 18 hours per week
- Concise writing
- Strong communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Powerpoint)
- Proficient in Google Suite (Docs, Sheets and Slides)
- Positive attitude
- Works well on a team
- Leadership experience
- Focus in one of the following fields:
- Event Planning / LogisticsTOTCF's Logistics Interns will assist our Logistics Manager in the operations and execution of events including venue management, liquor and supply ordering and distribution, event staff management, etc.
- Nonprofit Management
TOTCF’s Nonprofit Management Interns will assist the team in the Foundation’s philanthropic activities. This includes our Grant Allocation Process, Beyond the Bar and Educational activations focusing on health and wellness for hospitality industry members, Grant Applications, Sustainability Efforts, and Volunteer Coordination.
TOTCF’s Sales Interns will assist the Director in Sales in securing sponsorships and partnerships with brands and local businesses.
- Social Media Marketing
TOTCF’s Marketing Interns will assist our Marketing Manager in creating, posting, and analyzing social media and web based content for the promotion of Tales of the Cocktail Foundation, our events, and educational materials. Knowledge of photoshop, indesign, and/or illustrator is a plus.
- Event Planning / Logistics
- Our internship is on a volunteer or credit basis and is unpaid.
- Interns active during the summer term will be compensated during Tales of the Cocktail New Orleans. This includes a stipend for the week, most meals, tickets to exclusive parties (21+), and more.
- Our internship program begins each semester, but all interns must commit until the week of August 13, 2018.
- We understand that our internship is longer than most, but we pride ourselves that you will walk away with real work experiences and skills that will transfer into most professions.