Cocktail Apprentice Tuition Reimbursement Program
The Tales of the Cocktail Foundation (TOTCF) Tuition Reimbursement Program encourages and supports Cocktail Apprentice alumni who enroll in college, university, technical school courses, or hospitality courses in order to obtain an Associate’s, Bachelor’s, Master’s, Doctoral, technical degree, or a certificate of completion that has a grade.
Tuition reimbursement benefits are provided to any former Cocktail Apprentice based on information TOTCF will request via online form. TOTCF will ask the Cocktail Apprentice to provide original documentation for the purpose of verification before granting tuition reimbursement benefits. TOTCF may also ask any Cocktail Apprentice to sign a release authorizing TOTCF to solicit the required documentation and/or information from a designated third party. Providing false information may result in loss of eligibility for benefits.
Eligibility to Apply for Tuition Reimbursement
Cocktail Apprentice alumni, in good standing, can apply for tuition reimbursement 90 days after the completion of their first, Cocktail Apprentice Program year.
Eligibility to Receive Tuition Reimbursement
The following requirements must be met in order to receive tuition reimbursement:
- The course(s) must begin after the Cocktail Apprentice has completed their first, Cocktail Apprentice Program
- The course(s) must meet the requirements outlined under the “Approved Courses” section below.
- Cocktail Apprentice must earn a grade of “C” or better. If the course is on a “pass/fail” grading system, the associate must earn a “pass” grade
- Application and supporting documentation for reimbursement must be received by TOTCF no later than 60 days after a course is completed
The following criteria must apply in order for a course to qualify for reimbursement:
- Courses must be offered by an accredited college, university, technical school, or hospitality program
- Courses must earn degree credits towards an Associate’s, Bachelor’s, Master’s, Doctoral, technical degree, or be able to add a skill to the Cocktail Apprentice requesting the tuition reimbursement
- Coursework can be completed through traditional classes or through non-traditional programs such as on-line or other distance-learning programs
- Coursework must be related to the business of hospitality. Academic disciplines generally regarded as related to the hospitality business and considered eligible for reimbursement under the Program include:
- WSET, Cicerone, BAR, BarSmarts
- Adult education and curriculum development
- Advertising and public relations
- Any office course such as Excel, QuickBooks, etc.
- Business administration and management
- Communications and graphic design
- Human resource management and development
- Information technology and related fields
- Marketing and merchandising
- Organizational development and psychology
- Real estate management and development
- Other courses with prior approval
The following limits apply to all requests approved for tuition reimbursement:
- The cost of tuition, books, and reasonable class registration fees for approved course(s)
- TOTCF does not set a fixed allocation amount for the reimbursement program. The Foundation reviews the applications along with the CAP Leadership Team and awards the applicants based on a number of factors.
Team Course—A Cocktail Apprentice may request tuition reimbursement for a group of individuals if they are employed at the same establishment and take the training together.
Reduction of Benefit
The amount of the reimbursement received through the Tuition Reimbursement Program will be reduced dollar for dollar by the amount of grants, scholarships and other financial aid or course discounts which are paid directly to the institution and which the student does not have to pay back.
Any Cocktail Apprentice receiving the tuition reimbursement is responsible for any and all taxes imposed by the Internal Revenue Service.
Courses and Expenses That Do Not Qualify
Courses and expenses that do not qualify for reimbursement in the Program include:
- Review courses taken in preparation for testing and exams
- College entrance and qualifying exams (SAT, GRE)
- Equivalence exams; life experience credits
- Standardized tests to earn college credit by examination offered by the College Level Examination Program (CLEP) or other exams that waive a requirement
- Tools or supplies other than textbooks
- Meals, lodging and transportation
- Fees for parking, student activities, etc.
- Education involving sports, games or hobbies
Cocktail Apprentice Procedures for Applying for Tuition Reimbursement
Any Cocktail Apprentice applying for tuition reimbursement should complete the following steps:
- Complete the form located BELOW
- Be prepared at the time you complete the application, as it will ask you for confirmation you are enrolled in the course and a receipt for payment
- Agree to allow Tales of the Cocktail and TOTCF to use your name and likeness in promotion of the program
If the request for reimbursement is approved, the Cocktail Apprentice will receive an email notification to their preferred email address upon approval. Reimbursements will be made via PayPal within 30 days of approval.
If the request for reimbursement is denied, the Cocktail Apprentice will receive an email notification to their preferred email address upon denial. If the request is denied for reasons such as an illegible or incomplete application or an invalid reimbursement amount, the CAP may resubmit the claim with additional documentation, as long as he/she is still within 60 days after completion of the requested course(s).
NEW FORM COMING SOON! -- Click Here To Apply!