Tales On Tour Edinburgh Cocktail Apprentices Announced
Tales of the Cocktail Foundation is proud to welcome a new class of talented, up-and-coming bartenders that will serve as the Tales on Tour Edinburgh 2018 Cocktail Apprentices. These apprentices will work alongside some of the world’s most renowned cocktail experts during the five-day festival being held April 7-10th in Edinburgh, Scotland.
The Tales of the Cocktail Apprentice Program was developed in 2008 to give talented bartenders the opportunity to apprentice with skilled veterans to further hone their craft. Working directly with presenters during seminars and other events, the program gives participants an opportunity to work on large-scale events while learning first-hand about their craft’s history and its new directions. Apprentices continue to take these skills to new achievements in their home bars and personal work following Tales of the Cocktail.
As the program has grown, Tales of the Cocktail has created opportunities for apprentices with multiple years at Tales to take on leadership roles, furthering their management experience. The program has four tiers, each identified at Tales of the Cocktail events by the color of their chef coats. With extensive apprentice experience, White Coats are responsible for the strategic management of the entire program while Black Coats support them with the execution of the program. Grey Coats are responsible for the direct management of teams of Red Coats, the first-time apprentices. This structure allows apprentices to continue developing skills they can use to further their careers.
Tickets for Tales on Tour are available here.
More information about the Cocktail Apprentice Program is available here.
- Cris Dehlavi, M Bar and Restaurant, Columbus, Ohio, USA
- Trevor Kallies, The Donnelly Group, Vancouver British Columbia, Canada
- Jodi Calderon, The Normandie Club, Los Angeles, California, USA
- Dean Hurst, R&D Hospitality, Tampa, Florida, USA
- Jessica Lambert, Boleo & Vol.39 at The Kimpton Gray Hotel, Chicago, Illinois, USA
- Richard Delahoyde, The vintage cocktail club, Dublin City, Dublin, Ireland
- Justine Bock, The Hour Glass, Exeter, Devon, England
- Maja Jaworska, Super Lyan & Cub, London, Greater London, Great Britain
- Stephen Downie, The Merchant Hotel, Belfast, Antrim, Ireland
- Liam Grogan, Arnold Clark, Finnieston, Glasgow, Scotland
- Maria Kontorravdis, Doctor Inks Curiosities, Exeter Devon, England
- Scott Simpson, Hoot the Redeemer, Edinburgh, Midlothian, Scotland
- Josh Allen, Tipple, Lancaster, Lancashire, England
From our partners