Choose Your Own Adventure: Medieval Bear Hunt
Did you know Bärenjäger started out as bear bait? Jump into the 15th century and take some along for an epic bear-trapping adventure.
You open your eyes to a beautiful autumn morning in 15th century Prussia. Although the sun hasn’t quite risen yet, you’re fully awake, rolling out of your bed and throwing on your pants — you’ve been planning this day for a long time, after all. It’s finally the perfect time to go bear hunting, and you happen to come from a family of bear hunters. Well, fur trappers, to be exact, but your family has quite the reputation for its ability to hunt bears; a skill that’s resulted in a significant amount of praise (and a significant amount of gold) throughout the generations.
Bears aren’t the easiest animal to hunt, but their coats fetch the best price at the market, and you’re able to sell off the meat for a tidy sum to the local nobility, so things end up balancing out. As you fasten your boots and prepare to head out the door, you feel a swell of pride for contributing to your family’s legacy through your role as…
- 1.6 Classic Vermouth Cocktails That Deserve Your Respect
- 2.Tales of the Cocktail Foundation Announces 2019 Cocktail Apprentice Program (CAP) Scholarship Recipients
- 3.7 Ways to Add Smoke to a Cocktail
- 4.The Bartender’s Guide to Taking Care of Your Feet, Part Two: Shoes
- 5.16 Tips for Barrel-Aging Your Cocktails