It’s time for Holiday Cheer(s)!
It’s the most wonderful time of the year and we’re celebrating with the drinks that make this season so flavorful. Toddy Season is a month filled with good tidings and great cocktails as we all get into the holiday spirits.
Bärenjäger and Tales of the Cocktail are kicking things off by challenging bartenders from around the world to share their best holiday-themed cocktail recipes. The winning bartender will receive a custom apron from Lucio Tailoring and their bar team will receive 25 strainers from Bottesi featuring a custom design of the winner’s choice. To enter the competition, please fill out the form below.
We’ll also feature an online gift guide with some of the best cocktail gifts for all the spirits lovers and bar tool fanatics on your holiday list. Follow us on Instagram, where you'll have a chance to win prizes from our gift guide throughout #ToddySeason.
What is Toddy Season?
Toddy Season is a celebration of all the best holiday-themed cocktails from Thanksgiving Day to New Year’s Day, TalesoftheCocktail.com will be primarily dedicated to holiday spirits and cocktails in their many iterations. From seasonal classics like nogs, flips, and toddies to tutorials on baking with booze, we’ll explore the ever- evolving relationship between the holidays and spirits! .
How to Participate as a Bartender | How to Participate as a Spirit Partner | How to Participate as a Gift Guide Partner | How to Participate as a Cocktail Enthusiast
How to Participate as a Bartender
- Fill out the Entry Form
- Decide if you want to feature Barenjager Honey Liqueur or Barenjager Honey & Bourbon in your holiday cocktail.
- Fill out the participation form along with an amazing photo of your featured recipe.
- Get social by posting photos of your signature cocktail and any holiday decorations in your bar using #ToddySeason!
Who can participate in the Barenjager Holiday Cocktail Competition?
- This competition is open to professional bartenders and home bartenders as well!
What are the recipe criteria?
- For your cocktail to be considered as a valid entry into the competition, it must: 1. Include either Barenjager Honey Liqueur or Barenjager Honey & Bourbon 2. Be themed as a holiday/seasonal cocktail in some way (flavor, appearance, etc).
How will the cocktails be judged?
- Our three esteemed judges (details coming soon) will evaluate the cocktails based on:
- How well Barenjager is used in the recipe
- How effectively the cocktail incorporates a holiday theme
- The overall appeal of the combined ingredients
- The appearance and context in which the cocktail is photographed (AKA, go crazy, get creative).
- The inspiration for the cocktail as provided by the bartender
Is there a competition involved for Toddy Season venues?
- Yes! Guests will get to vote for their favorite cocktail of Toddy Season. One winning cocktail will be crowned at the conclusion of Toddy Season. Voting is open November 24, 2017 through January 1st, 2018.
What's the prize for the winning bartender?
- The winning bartender will receive a custom apron from Lucio Tailoring and their bar team will receive 25 strainers from Bottesi featuring a custom design chosen by the winner!
How to Participate as a Spirit Partner
I’m a sponsor; how do I get involved?
- Tales of the Cocktail is seeking partnership with brands interested in our highest value marketing opportunity of the year! To maintain and ensure the quality of this partnership, we’re limiting the number of sponsors, so if you’re interested, please reach out as soon as possible to Emily Coleman at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Does your company have bar tools, apparel or items bartenders would love this Holiday Season? Email email@example.com for our Toddy Season Gift Guide Opportunities!
I’m a cocktail enthusiast; how can I participate?
- Post your favorite holiday cocktail recipes on Instagram using #ToddySeason
- Check out all the featured recipes and spirited holiday features we'll be featuring.
- Shop our favorite holiday gift ideas for bartenders and enthusiasts.