For the first time ever, Tales is inviting our fans to design our signature cocktail shirt for Tales of the Cocktail 2017.
The winning design will be produced by Fleurty Girl and available for purchase in the market at Tales of the Cocktail this summer. The winner will also be sent 5 shirts, and will be featured on our website as the hero that they are.
This year, the official cocktail is the Martini. Our theme for 2017 is "Craft Your Future," which incorporates our own spin on retro-futurism design elements. What's retro-futurism? Basically, it's what the past imagined the future to look like (think: The Jetsons, Barbarella, Lost in Space, Buckminster Fuller, Metropolis, Tomorrowland, etc). You may choose to adopt this style as well, or go in a completely different direction.
- DEADLINE TO ENTER: May 31st, Midnight CST.
- All designs submitted will be property of Tales of the Cocktail*
- The design will be printed on a unisex athletic gray t-shirt.
- You may use no more than 3 colors.
- The design must in some way feature a martini (implied or visually represented).
- All entries must be uploaded as .jpg or .png files.
- Only one submission per person.
- The Tales of the Cocktail logo does not need to be included, but if you wish to include it, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request the logo graphic.
- The design must meet with the standards for silk-screen printing:
- For digital: Design in CMYK for print
- For digital: Please use Photoshop or Illustrator with each color on separate layers. (As noted above, you'll be submitting .jpg or .png files, but should your design be selected, we'll need your original design file to go to print).
- If you are drawing or painting a design, please keep in mind that we'll need to digitally separate the colors in order to print.
Meet the Judges
We're very pleased to have this amazing group of cocktail-loving artistically savvy judges!
Napkin Killa - The Bar Napkin Cartoon Assassin
Derek Yaniger - Master of Retro Toons and Official Artist for Tales
*All entries submitted will be property of Tales of the Cocktail. We can use what you submit, and you will not be entitled to revoke the usage of said content. You cannot submit any copy written materials, or designs incorporating trademarks/copyrights of others.