Tales of the Cocktail® 2018 Official Cocktail Competition Let's Get Fizzy
The rules are few but the possibilities are endless. All recipes must include a base spirit, an effervescent made from grapes and some type of citrus flavoring. After that, let your creativity lead the way. The winning bartender will receive a cash prize and be honored throughout Tales of the Cocktail 2018 for adding some new flavor to an old favorite.
Follow these guidelines when concocting your submission to the 2018 Official Cocktail Competition:
- Each recipe should feature one or more spirits from the partner list provided. Bartenders can layer and split spirits as they see fit.
- The base/featured spirit MUST come from the list of participating products.
- Overall, the cocktail must utilize at least 2 ingredients from the list of participating products.
- No more than 6 ingredients (including garnish) per recipe.
- Each recipe must include some type of effervescent made from grapes (does not have to contain alcohol) and some type of citrus flavoring.
- Homemade ingredients are welcomed, but must be easily replicable.
Timeline for the Tales of the Cocktail Official Cocktail Competition 2018:
- March 14, 2018: Competition goes live on TalesoftheCocktail.com
- May 1, 2018: Deadline to submit recipes
- June 1, 2018: Winner and top three announced
- July 17, 2018: Winner presented with check at Toast to Tales Kick Off Press Event
Rules for the Tales of the Cocktail Official Cocktail Competition:
- This Competition is open to ANY bartender currently working in the bar, restaurant or spirits industry. (US & International)
- This is an online competition. You do not need to be present to compete or win.
- Each participant shall use the official entry form online at TalesoftheCocktail.com.
- Recipe submissions shall be original creations.
- Recipes shall be expressed in ounces, drops, or dashes and scaled for a single serving.
- The base spirit MUST come from the list of participating products.
- Your cocktail must utilize at least one other ingredient from the list of participating products.
- You may use more than one spirit in your cocktail, however, the featured spirit must come from the list of participating products.
- Your cocktail MUST include some type of effervescent/bubbles made from grapes AND some type of citrus flavoring.
- Recipe must include a detailed description of the garnish if there is one.
- All ingredients utilized should be expected to be available to most bars or easily acquired/made.
- All ingredients should be available year-round, so nothing too seasonal. And all ingredients should be obtainable — or should be able to be made from scratch — without undue difficulty or expense anywhere within the continental US.
- Cocktails made with inappropriate ingredients will be disqualified with determination of what constitutes an inappropriate ingredient up to the discretion of the staff of Tales of the Cocktail and the judging committee.
- Cocktails will be judged on Originality, Use of product, Taste, and Presentation.
- Submitting a photo of your cocktail with the recipe is optional.
List may be updated in the next few days
|-- Spirits:||-- Effervescent/Bubbles:
|Black Tomato Gin (for more info)||G.H. Mumm|
||William Chris Vineyards Pétillant Naturel Rosé
(contact email@example.com for samples)
|CH London Dry Gin
El Guapo Bitters (any type)
El Guapo Syrups (any type)
|Finò Fennel Liqueur
CH-Dogma Rubin (bitter aperitif)
|Glen Moray Single Malt Scotch Whisky
(any expression- contact firstname.lastname@example.org for samples)
|Pomp & Whimsy Gin Liqueur
|Prairie Wolf Loyal Gin
|Rutte Celery Gin
|Rutte Dry Gin
|Rutte Old Simon Genever
|Sipsmith London Dry Gin
|The Walter Collective Gin
|Uncle Val’s Botanical Gin
First prize-winner will receive $1,000 cash and be their recipe will be named the “Official Cocktail” of Tales of the Cocktail 2018.
The “Official Cocktail” winner will be honored at the Toast to Tales of the Cocktail on Tuesday, July 17.
The winning recipe will be featured on TalesoftheCocktail.com and featured in the Tales of the Cocktail newsletter and all of our social networks.