Tales of the Cocktail® and Barenjager are challenging bartenders from around the world to create the perfect holiday cocktail.
Bartenders from around the world are welcome to enter our Holiday Cocktail Competition in partnership with Barenjager! The winning bartender will receive a custom apron from Lucio Tailoring and their bar team will receive 25 strainers from Bottesi featuring a custom design chosen by the winner!
Our three esteemed judges (details coming soon) will evaluate the cocktails based on these five guidelines:
- How well Barenjager is used in the recipe
- How effectively the cocktail incorporates a holiday theme
- The overall appeal of the combined ingredients
- The appearance and context in which the cocktail is photographed (AKA, go crazy, get creative).
- The inspiration for the cocktail as provided by the bartender
Official Rules for the Tales of the Cocktail® Official Cocktail Competition:
- Competition is open to any professional bartender and home bartenders as well
- Be themed as a holiday/seasonal cocktail in some way (flavor, appearance, etc).
- Each participant shall use the official online entry form
- Recipe submissions shall be original creations.
- Recipes shall be expressed in ounces, drops, or dashes and scaled for a single serving.
- Your cocktail must utilize at least one of the participating products.
- You can use more than one spirit in your holiday cocktail
- Barenjager Honey Liqueur
- Barenjager Honey & Bourbon
Timeline for the Toddy Season Official Cocktail Competition 2017:
- Monday, January 1st, 2018 @ 11:59 pm PST: Deadline to submit recipes
- Friday, January 12th, 2018: Winner notified and announced
The winning recipes will receive the following:
- First prize-winner will receive a custom apron from Lucio Tailoring and their bar team will receive 25 strainers from Bottesi featuring a custom design chosen by the winner
- Winning recipe will be featured in on TalesoftheCocktail.com and across our social network of 400k fans.