Behind the Bar
Overheard at Tales: The Best Pics, Quotes, Tweets, and Drinks from Day 2
Our favorite moments from Day 1 of Tales 2017.
1. Jim Meehan assisting Dave Wondrich during his Sailor's Joy: 400 Years of Drinking at Sea seminar
2. Bugs Meet Booze
"Welcome to the future, where your children will subsist on bugs." - Camper English during his Beetlejuice! When Bugs Meet Booze seminar
3. The Future is Female (in cocktail form)
4. Registering your wristband? Join our scavenger hunt and be on the lookout for our custom Flambeaux candle. The last one was hidden in the bookstore (but it won't be again).
4. Free tattoos abound at Tales. No one is safe.
5. Real talk from the Bar Indepth: Dandelyan – Deets, Drinks and Botany seminar
"A gun-wielding cat riding a golden flaming unicorn in front of a rainbow represents the Internet better than we ever could." - #BarIndepth
6. Whisk(e)y tasting at 10am? Why not?
View this post on Instagram
'Hey Scotch, Where's My Age Statement' 🥃💥 • Honour to talk whisky to a sold out 216pax seminar yesterday with @tristanstephenson @dr.whisky Bill Thomas + David C Stewart MBE • THANK YOU! To @tales_of_the_cocktail For the opportunity 🙏🏼 #scotch #whisky #whiskey #whyNAS #totc2017
7. Fake snow at the Piping Hot – The World’s Favourite Hot Drinks seminar
8. @beautifulbooze always finds the most insta-worthy cocktails
9. On the importance of injecting your personal values into your business and brand
"The building block of our industry is social interaction." - Oron Lerner during The Value of Values: Embedding Purpose into Business seminar
10. We've got you covered, any time of the day
- 1.6 Classic Vermouth Cocktails That Deserve Your Respect
- 2.Tales of the Cocktail Foundation Announces 2019 Cocktail Apprentice Program (CAP) Scholarship Recipients
- 3.7 Ways to Add Smoke to a Cocktail
- 4.16 Tips for Barrel-Aging Your Cocktails
- 5.The Bartender’s Guide to Taking Care of Your Feet, Part Two: Shoes