- PDF of Tales on Tour Vancouver FAQ’s
- Why did you select Vancouver?
- There are literally dozens and dozens of places around the world, which could have been selected to launch Tales of the Cocktail on Tour, but at the end of the day, we needed to settle on one. However, I wouldn’t be surprised if in the coming months, additional dates of locations were added; stay tuned.
- Will this become an annual event?
- Yes, the plan is to have the Vancouver event become an annual affair. How has the reaction been from the Vancouver bartending community? Wonderful! The Vancouver bartenders are thrilled to be the first city selected for the expansion the Tales of the Cocktail® brand.
- What type of events can be expected at Tales of the Cocktail on Tour in Vancouver?
- This first Tales of the Cocktail on Tour will feature a series of events and seminars designed to give cocktail enthusiasts and professionals a taste of what is in store at Tales of the Cocktail® 2011.
- What are the dates of Tales of the Cocktail on Tour in Vancouver?
- March 13, 2011 through March 15, 2011
- Who is the host hotel, and where are the seminars being held?
- The Fairmont Pacific Rim Hotel is the epicenter for this year’s affair and will be to location for all seminars and networking events.
- When does registration begin?
- Event registration will begin on Saturday, January 15, 2010. Visit our website for more information, check this website.
- How much is it to register for Tales of the Cocktail on Tour in Vancouver?
- Registration will cost $155.00 USD plus credit card fees.
- What will registration include?
- Registration will include admission to three of the six seminars and many special, networking events.
- Will Tales of the Cocktail® be spreading to other global cities?
- With all that is taking place in the Spirits and Cocktail Industries around the world, it seems that everyone would benefit from the networking and sharing of great ideas that takes place at Tales of the Cocktail® . While Tales of the Cocktail on Tour will never replace what happens each summer in New Orleans at Tales of the Cocktail®, we expect that we will be announcing additional Tales of the Cocktail on Tour Locations.
What People are saying about Tales of the Cocktail® in Vancouver
“The Vancouver Bar community is built on ambition, camaraderie and the pure love of Cocktails. We are proud to have achieved so much in recent years; improving quality of product and venue for Bartenders and patrons alike. We are elated to have been chosen as the first expansion city for the world’s premier cocktail culture festival: Tales of the Cocktail®. This is a remarkable opportunity to showcase our ability, diversity and spiritedness.”
~ Jay Jones, Barjonesing, Consulting and Founding member of the Canadian Professional Bartenders Association
“With over 9 years of ‘cocktail pedigree’ behind them, when Tales of the Cocktail® unveiled they’d be branching out to Vancouver, Canada in March 2011, we realized that this is an honor that Canadian bartenders could have only dreamed of. To be considered amongst the ‘best’ on the world scale for cocktail culture means we are headed in the right direction as a community. With each cocktail that passes over the bar, our smiles get a bit bigger, knowing that our passion will be spread to the rest of the world.”
~ Lauren Mote, Bartender and Founder of the Cocktail Kitchen at The Refinery
“Tales of the Cocktail® partnering with the city of Vancouver signifies the incredible strides that this community’s cocktail scene has taken over the last ten years. It is a deserving accomplishment, and illustrates the camaraderie and partnership of the city’s finest bartenders. Its humble beginnings and niche following has exponentially grown, and has inspired innovative and passionate bartenders to exact artisan and classic cocktails to eager patrons around the city. Filled with innovative and passionate industry professionals, both homegrown and imported, the city of Vancouver has now become a worldwide destination spot not just for food, but for cocktails as well.”
~ Jon Smolensky, Brix Restaurant & Wine Bar and George Ultra Lounge
“It’s great to see the biggest event in cocktails and spirits taking an interest in the growing scene in Vancouver. For years we have built a community of Mixologists and bartenders pushing for Vancouver to be taken seriously. Tales of the Cocktail® is the pinnacle event in our industry, and with the interest they have shown in Vancouver is justification that we are on the global scene. This is a major step forward for Vancouver with the new Tales of the Cocktail® partnership.”
~ Justin Tisdall, General Manager of Chambar Restaurant and Board Member of the Canadian Professional Bartenders Association