Tales of the Cocktail®, the world’s premier cocktail festival held annually in New Orleans, has open positions for its Spring and Summer internship program. Tales of the Cocktail® interns get real world, hands-on experience in event management, marketing and promotions in working to execute a festival with more than 200 independent events and 20,000 attendees. Opportunities also include working directly with members of the international spirits industry including liquor brands, bartenders and brand ambassadors. Interns that complete the program can expect to get real, resume-building experience working with Tales of the Cocktail®.
Requirements for Tales of the Cocktail Internship
Timeline for Fall 2014 Interns
- Fall internship applications will become available in August of 2014.
- For questions on our Fall internship, please email, Michelle@TalesoftheCocktail.com.
- Attendance at in person interview
- Attendance at Internship Orientation
- Participation in various intern surveys and meetings throughout the internship
- Spring Semester requirement is a minimum 15-18 hours per week
- (Maximum: spread among 2-3 days per week)
- Summer internship requirement is a minimum 18 hours per week
- (Maximum: spread among 2 days per week)
- Strong writing ability is required
- Strong computer ability is required
- Strong personal, email and phone communication skills are required
- Enrolled in undergraduate or graduate programs in business (Marketing), mass communication (PR and Advertising) or Hospitality, Restaurant and Tourism, preferred. Other majors reviewed on an individual basis.
- Recent graduate in business, mass communications, PR, advertising or Hospitality, Restaurant and Tourism preferred. Other majors reviewed on an individual basis.
- Must have own laptop computer and cell phone
- Must have working vehicle and be able to travel locally
Tales of the Cocktail internships are on a volunteer or credit basis. However, interns working during the Tales of the Cocktail event receive wages, meals, hotel accommodations, tickets and more. Detailed package is included in the intern offer letter.